As you all know, we hosted our first fragrance swap back in May and it was an overwhelming success. The event also served as an opportunity for us to figure out what worked and what did not and we have all of you to thank for that. This time around we have a much better idea of how the event will be structured and what to expect.
Tracy and I sat down the other day and mapped out the remainder of 2016 and we decided that, given some of the other events we are planning and with the holiday season right around the corner, September would be the best time to host the final fragrance swap of the year.
Please read on for more details regarding the event. We have made a few changes based on your feedback and we think it will help the event to run more smoothly. The signup form is right below the event guidelines.
First and foremost, this is a functionally independent event hosted by Fumerie Parfumerie. The event will be taking place at Fumerie Parfumerie's boutique on SE Division Street and moderated by Tracy Tsefalas and André Gooren. One of our goals is to serve as a meeting place for fragrance enthusiasts and the boutique will be functioning as a venue for this event to that end.
Participants must sign up below in order to attend. This time each participant will have a designated space either on the counter or on one of our display tables. Each space will be clearly marked and delineated. Spaces on the counter measure 12" wide × 18" deep and can accommodate up to about twenty fragrances. We will also have a table set up with larger spaces measuring 20" wide × 25" deep for participants who wish to bring more fragrances. There are currently seventeen spaces available. When signing up, along with your name and email address, please indicate if you will require one of the larger spaces. Please note that there are only three of these larger spaces available and spaces will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. If you can provide a list of the items you plan to bring or even an estimate as to the number of items we should expect from you, it would be helpful. Due to the nature of the event, if you find out that you will be unable to attend after registering, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can plan accordingly.
After we receive your registration we will assign you a space. On the night of the event, participants will bring their fragrances to Fumerie and set their fragrances out in the space bearing their last name. After everyone is set up, participants will be able to explore all of the fragrances. We will then reconvene and begin swapping.
In order for a swap to occur, both parties must consent to the trade. You are under no obligation to agree to a swap by virtue of your attendance at this event. If nothing at the event interests you, you are free to leave without swapping. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us.
Sorry, this event has already taken place. Please visit our Events page to sign up for an upcoming event.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By attending this event you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- All fragrance swaps are final.
- Participants agree to receive periodic newsletters from Fumerie Parfumerie regarding new products, in-store events, and fragrance-related news. You may opt out any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any one of our newsletters. We value your privacy and promise not to share or sell your personal information.
- Fumerie Parfumerie is not liable for the loss or damage of any of the items featured at the swap nor is Fumerie Parfumerie liable or responsible for any defective or damaged fragrances that participants may receive. It is the sole responsibility of participants to determine the quality, authenticity and provenance of items before agreeing to any trade. Any issues that may arise must be dealt with between participants. All items featured at this swap are the property of the individuals in attendance. An item's presence at the event does not constitute a relationship with the manufacturer of said item nor does it function as an endorsement of said item by Fumerie and/or Fumerie staff.
- Fumerie Parfumerie is not liable for the condition or authenticity of any items featured at this swap. That being said, we will do our best to ensure that all items featured at this swap are authentic and in good condition as determined by Fumerie Parfumerie staff (Tracy Tsefalas and André Gooren). As such, we reserve the right to refuse the inclusion of any fragrance on the following grounds:
- Counterfeit items and "copycat perfumes" will not be allowed.
- Items that have been unequivocally damaged beyond recognition will be barred from this event. We realize that vintage fragrances can "go off" and aging is normal. Each fragrance will be evaluated on its own terms by André Gooren and/or Tracy Tsefalas. Fragrances that have been damaged by light and/or heat due to improper care will not be permitted at this event.
- Custom made fragrances will not be permitted at this event. Exceptions will be made for bespoke fragrances created by established houses (e.g. Guerlain) or trained perfumers (e.g. Francis Kurkdjian) at the discretion of Fumerie staff.
- Only commercially-produced fragrances will be permitted. This includes niche, artisanal and independent fragrances. Our aim is not to be exclusive but rather to ensure that all items are of a certain quality. If you have any questions or are unsure if your fragrance meets these requirements, please email us at email@example.com.
- Fragrances must be presented in their original bottles. Decants will not be permitted.