Fumerie Fragrance Swap 6 will take place on Saturday, October 20, 2018 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at our boutique on SE Division Street. For the uninitiated, the idea behind fragrance swaps is very simple: you bring fragrances that you would like to trade and then you trade with other attendees at the event. We do have some rules, but they're pretty straightforward and ultimately intended to make the experience fun and rewarding for everyone.
This event is free and open to anyone who is interested in participating. All you have to do is bring at least one fragrance that adheres to our guidelines. If you haven't had a chance to participate, let me take this opportunity to address a common misconception about these swaps: they are in no way niche-only. Many customers I have spoken with over the past few years have expressed reservations about attending because they feel that their fragrances are not "good enough." Well, let me disabuse everyone of that notion. The whole idea is that if you love something, it doesn't matter if it's a widely-available blockbuster or an ultra-rare limited edition fragrance. You can never predict what will happen or what someone may be looking for. The bottom line is these events are a lot of fun and full of surprises. We invite you to bring whatever you have and see what happens.
In order to attend you must sign up below and you must bring at least one fragrance to swap. All fragrances must adhere to the guidelines below. Please make sure to read all of the rules before signing up. Fragrances that do not adhere to our guidelines are expressly prohibited.
First and foremost, this is a functionally independent event hosted by Fumerie Parfumerie. The event will be taking place at Fumerie Parfumerie's boutique on SE Division Street and moderated by Tracy Tsefalas and André Gooren. One of our goals is to serve as a meeting place for fragrance enthusiasts and the boutique will be functioning as a venue for this event to that end.
Participants must sign up below in order to attend. Each participant will be assigned a clearly marked and delineated space to display their fragrances. We ask that you submit a complete list of the fragrances that you plan to bring so that we can prepare. Due to the nature of the event, if you find out that you will be unable to attend after registering, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can plan accordingly.
On the night of the event, participants will be directed to their assigned space and given a booklet of color-coded stickers. Participants will be afforded the opportunity to explore all of the available fragrances prior to the swapping portion of the event. During this time, participants will have the will be instructed to indicate their interest in a fragrance by applying their color-coded stickers to the bottles. Once the swapping portion of the event begins, Fumerie staff will proceed lot-by-lot, facilitating fragrance swaps.
In order for a swap to occur, both parties must consent to the trade. You are under no obligation to agree to a swap. If nothing at the event interests you, you are free to leave without swapping. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By attending this event you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- All fragrance swaps are final.
- Participants agree to receive periodic newsletters from Fumerie Parfumerie regarding new products, in-store events, and fragrance-related news. You may opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any one of our newsletters. We value your privacy and promise not to share or sell your personal information.
- Fumerie Parfumerie is not liable for the loss or damage of any of the items featured at the swap nor is Fumerie Parfumerie liable or responsible for any defective or damaged fragrances that participants may receive. It is the sole responsibility of participants to determine the quality, authenticity and provenance of items before agreeing to any trade. Any issues that may arise must be dealt with between participants. All items featured at this swap are the property of the individuals in attendance. An item's presence at the event does not constitute a relationship with the manufacturer of said item nor does it function as an endorsement of said item by Fumerie and/or Fumerie staff.
- Fumerie Parfumerie is not liable for the condition or authenticity of any items featured at this swap. That being said, we will do our best to ensure that all items featured at this swap are authentic and in good condition as determined by Fumerie Parfumerie staff (Tracy Tsefalas and André Gooren). As such, we reserve the right to refuse the inclusion of any fragrance on the following grounds:
- Counterfeit items and "copycat perfumes" will not be allowed.
- Items that have been unequivocally damaged beyond recognition will be barred from this event. We realize that vintage fragrances can "go off" and aging is normal. Each fragrance will be evaluated on its own terms by André Gooren and/or Tracy Tsefalas. Fragrances that have been damaged by light and/or heat due to improper care will not be permitted at this event.
- Custom-made fragrances will not be permitted at this event. Exceptions will be made for bespoke fragrances created by established houses (e.g. Guerlain) or trained perfumers (e.g. Francis Kurkdjian) at the discretion of Fumerie staff.
- Only commercially-produced fragrances will be permitted. This includes niche, artisanal and independent fragrances. Our aim is not to be exclusive but rather to ensure that all items are of a certain quality. If you have any questions or are unsure if your fragrance meets these requirements, please email us at email@example.com.
- Fragrances must be presented in their original bottles. Decants will not be permitted.
- This event is not intended to serve as a platform for self-promotion. Fragrances offered at this event should be part of a personal fragrance collection. Vendors are not permitted to promote their lines at fragrance swaps. If you are interested in selling your fragrance line at Fumerie, please visit our Vendors page and fill out the contact form.
By signing up for any of our events you agree to receive our newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of our newsletters. We will never share or sell your information and information provided through this form will only be used to contact you on behalf of Fumerie Parfumerie.