Months ago when Tracy and I were brainstorming event ideas, we started discussing the possibility of hosting a fragrance swap. Over the past few months we have tested the waters so to speak and the interest seems to be there so at the end of this month we will be hosting our first fragrance swap.
Tracy and I discussed in great detail how exactly this would work and so now in order to make the event enjoyable for everyone and in order to ensure that we can have future events like this, I am going to go through the "terms and conditions" of attendance. If this event is successful, we are more than open to hosting fragrance swaps on a regular basis. Please read through the following boring stuff. I know it is no fun but it will help to make this event something that works. Once you have read through this, go ahead and enter your information below.
First and foremost, this is a functionally independent event hosted by Fumerie Parfumerie. The event will be taking place after business hours and moderated by Tracy Tsefalas and André Gooren. One of our goals is to serve as a meeting place for fragrance enthusiasts and the boutique will be functioning as a meeting space to that end.
Each participant must submit the information requested below including their name, email address and the fragrance or fragrances they plan to bring to the event in order to attend. Due to the nature of the event, if you find out that you will be unable to attend after registering, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can plan accordingly.
On the night of the event, participants will bring their fragrances to the bar at Fumerie. Participants will be checked in by André or Tracy and given a ticket for each item they bring. The ticket will list the name of the participant and the item. Fragrances will be lined up on the bar and Fumerie staff will spray smelling strips with each fragrance. Participants will have the opportunity to smell all of the items available for swap before the event begins.
The event will be structured in the following manner: Fumerie staff will call numbers at random. These numbers will correspond to fragrances available for swap. When a number is called, all interested participants may offer any one fragrance or any combination of their fragrances for swap. The owner of the fragrance will then choose which offer to accept, if any. This will continue until all remaining numbers have been called.
Sorry, this event has already taken place. Please visit our Events page to sign up for an upcoming event.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By attending this event you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- All fragrance swaps are final.
- Participants agree to receive periodic newsletters from Fumerie Parfumerie regarding new products, in-store events, and fragrance-related news. You may opt out any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any one of our newsletters. We value your privacy and promise not to share or sell your personal information.
- Fumerie Parfumerie is not liable for the loss or damage of any of the items featured at the swap nor is Fumerie Parfumerie liable or responsible for any defective or damaged fragrances that participants may receive. It is the sole responsibility of participants to determine the quality, authenticity and provenance of items before agreeing to any trade. Any issues that may arise must be dealt with between participants. Fumerie Parfumerie is only moderating and providing a venue for this event. All items featured at this swap are the property of the individuals in attendance. The appearance of any item at this event does not constitute endorsement on the part of Fumerie Parfumerie.
- Fumerie Parfumerie is not liable for the condition or authenticity of any items featured at this swap. That being said, we will do our best to ensure that all items featured at this swap are authentic and in good condition as determined by Fumerie Parfumerie staff (Tracy Tsefalas and André Gooren). As such, we reserve the right to refuse the inclusion of any fragrance on the following grounds:
- Counterfeit items and "copycat perfumes" will not be allowed.
- Items that have been unequivocally damaged beyond recognition will be barred from this event. We realize that vintage fragrances can "go off" and aging is normal. Each fragrance will be evaluated on its own terms by André Gooren and/or Tracy Tsefalas. Fragrances that have been damaged by light and/or heat due to improper care will not be permitted at this event.
- Custom made fragrances will not be permitted at this event. Exceptions will be made for bespoke fragrances created by established houses (e.g. Guerlain) or trained perfumers (e.g. Francis Kurkdjian) at the discretion of Fumerie staff.
- Only commercially-produced fragrances will be permitted. This includes niche, artisanal and independent fragrances. Our aim is not to be exclusive but rather to ensure that all items are of a certain quality. If you have any questions or are unsure if your fragrance meets these requirements, please email us at email@example.com.
- Fragrances must be presented in their original bottles. Decants will not be permitted.